This delicious and nutritious breakfast squash will impress your morning guests.
Prep Time15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Keyword: Budget-Friendly, dairy-free, Diabetic-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb
Servings: 4 people
- One large acorn squash (approximately 4 inches)
- One tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Four eggs large
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaf
- Two slices of turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Pre-heat oven to 425. Set aside a large baking sheet on parchment paper.
- Please take off the ends of the squash and throw them away. The squash should be cut in half widthwise. Take out the seeds from each one.
- Season the squash rings with olive oils on both sides. Bake for 15 minutes, or until tender, on the baking sheet.
- Turn off the oven and lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees. Bake for 12 minutes or until eggs are cooked. Sprinkle with bacon and thyme. Enjoy!
Calories: 163kcalSmartPoints (Freestyle: 5)
SmartPoints (Freestyle: 5)